* General comments and suggestions about this site (i.e. “Letters to the Editors”) can be submitted at the bottom of this page
Martin Luther’s Trinitarian Hermeneutic of Freedom by Piotr J. Małysz
Brief Introductions to Lutheran Theology
- Anthropology by Piotr Malysz*
- Baptism by Dr Jonathan Trigg*
- Christ Alone: Reading Notes by Piotr Małysz
- Christology  by Dr Paul R Hinlicky
- Church & Ministry by Luke T Zimmerman
- Confession & Absolution by John T Pless
- Faith & Works by John D Koch, Jr
- Ethics by Gifford Grobien
- Exegesis the Lutehran Way by Norman C. Habel
- Justification by Dr Mark Mattes
- Law & Gospel by Dr Hans Wiersma
- Lord’s Supper
- Luther’s theologia crucis by Dr Ken Sundet Jones
- Reasonby Bryce P Wandrey
- Sin/The Bound Will by Bryce P Wandrey*
- Sola Scriptura by Dr Hans Wiersma
- Temporal Authority by Piotr Malysz
* = forthcoming
- The Book That Cost a Cow: A Lutheran Testimony (of Sorts) by Piotr J. Małysz
- An Ecclesiological Inquiry by Dr Jonathan Trigg
- Apostolicity in 20th Century Lutheran Theology     by Bryce P Wandrey
- Faith and Works: Defining a Relationship by Bryce P Wandrey
- “For the worthy reception, faith is necessary…” by Bryce P Wandrey
- The Gospel as Promise (Theses) by Piotr J. Małysz
- A Lutheran Influence    by Bryce P Wandrey
- Lutheran Ritual: An Identity Crisis (The Divorcing of Substance from Style)     by Bryce P Wandrey
- Lutheranism and Tradition by Piotr Małysz
- Polish Lutherans Facing Their Communist Past by Piotr Małysz
- Sin, between Law and Gospel by Piotr Małysz
- Some Remarks on Lutheran Christology by Piotr Małysz
- The Usefulness of Dietrich Bonhoeffer: A Constructive Appraisal    by Adam Clark
- Defending Faith: Lutheran Response to Andreas Osiander’s Doctrine of Justification, 1551-1559 by Timothy J. Wengert. Reviewed by Piotr Małysz
- The Church: Her Nature and Purpose (Review of Christ’s Church: Her Biblical Roots, Her Dramatic History, Her Saving Presence, Her Glorious Future by Bo Giertz) by Luke T Zimmerman
- Communicatio idiomatum as the Ontological Foundation of Luther’s Christology (Review of Creator est Creatura by Oswald Bayer) by Piotr Malysz
- Was ist Das? A Rediscovery of Luther’s Catechisms (Review of Martin Luther’s Catechisms: Forming the Faith by Timothy Wengert) by Luke T Zimmerman
- What Does Ecclesiology Have to do with the Gospel? (Review of Priesthood, Pastors, Bishops: Public Ministry for the Reformation and Today by Timothy Wengert) by Luke T Zimmerman
- A Chronology of Luther’s Works (Volumes 1-47) by Bryce P Wandrey
- Divine Immutability (An Exchange) by Piotr Malysz
- Luther’s Ecumenical Legacy
- A Reformation Sermon by Carl E Braaten
- Scripture and Faith: The Lutheran View by Hermann Sasse
- Piepkorn on Scriptural Inerrancy
- Postcards from Poland by Piotr Malysz
- Reflections on Romans 8:31-39 by Dr Helmut Koester
- Spot the Heretic (with answers) by Piotr Malysz
- Worthy Communing: A False Distinction? by Bryce P Wandrey
- A Lutheran Legacy: Review and Reaction by Bryce P Wandrey
- Confessional Writings
- A dogmatic proposal (Robert Jenson)
- Satis est (Robert Jenson)
- The proper use of the Confessions (Leif Grane)
- The satis est; enough is enough (Gerhard Forde)
- Christology and Soteriology (Wolfhart Pannenberg)
- Biblical History as principium (Johannes Schwanke)
- The Creating Word (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- Days of creation (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- The end and the beginning (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- Genesis 1:6-10 (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- “In the beginning…” (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- The Church Coram Deo & Coram Mundo(Charles Arand)
- The necessary hiddenness (Jonathan Trigg)
- The place of sin in ethics and dogmatics (Søren Kierkegaard)
- Encounter with Faith (Oswald Bayer)
- On God (Rudolf Bultmann)
- On the Holy Spirit (Wolfhart Pannenberg)
- Confession (Martin Luther)
- Human Nature
- Incurvatus in se (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- Law, gospel and human identity (Eberhard Jüngel)
- The original state of humankind (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- Sin as an attribute of man (Martin Luther)
- Human Will
- Christ alone (James A Nestingen)
- Contrition (Martin Luther)
- Creator and creatures (Robert Kolb)
- Grace and free will (Erasmus)
- Melanchthon and the work of the Holy Spirit (Robert Kolb)
- The origin of evil (Martin Luther)
- The Heart of Christianity (Martin Luther)
- Justification’s role in theology (Mark Mattes)
- The Justifying Gift (and Favor) (Simo Puera)
- Luther the person (Derek Wilson)
- Magistrates (Martin Luther)
- On Luther’s life (Volker Leppin)
- Purgatory (Martin Luther)
- Hell and Lutheran Theology (Fyodor Dostoevsky)
- Forgive us our debts (Martin Luther)
- Repetitive prayer (Martin Luther)
- The gospel promise (Robert Jenson)
- Baptismal Life (I) (Martin Luther)
- Baptismal Life (II) (Martin Luther)
- God’s signs and seals (Martin Luther)
- Faith and Baptism (Martin Luther)
- Receive the Lord’s Supper by Faith in the Word (Martin Luther)
- Sin after baptism (Martin Luther)
- Unworthy Receptionof the Lord’s Supper (Martin Chemnitz)
- Worthy reception of the Lord’s Supper (Martin Chemnitz)
- Clarity of Scriptures (Martin Luther)
- Contact with the Word (Robert Jenson)
- At the Diet of Worms.i (Martin Luther)
- At the Diet of Worms.ii (Martin Luther)
- Figures of speech (Martin Luther)
- God’s Identity (Robert Jenson)
- The Hidden God (Robert Kolb)
- Letter and spirit (Martin Luther)
- On holy scripture (Martin Luther)
- Priority of Scripture (Martin Luther)
- Theological Method
- Christian Contradictions (Daphne Hampson)
- Christology (Robert Jenson)
- Interpreting Luther (Bernhard Löhse)
- Luther and Melanchthon (Robert Kolb)
- Luther’s experience and exegesis (Robert Kolb)
- The Reformation’s lex (Robert Jenson)
- Wittenberg Theology (Robert Kolb)
- Two Kinds of Righteousness
- Distinctive Righteousness (Robert Kolb)
* General comments and suggestions about this site (ie. “Letters to the Editors”) can be submitted here
21 thoughts on “Table of Contents”
What is the Lutheran/Biblical teaching on tithing? Seems like I’m hearing different teachings within the Lutheran community, depending on which Church I go to.
I know I’m answering this six years later, but whatever.
Anyways, I think the “standard” is to give 10% of your income; at the same time, this is not a hard and fast rule. The parable of the woman with two copper pennies is a good example of how God views tithing. It is not a necessary set amount, but like every part of the Christian life, tithing is part of our joyful response to God for sending His Son to pay for our sins. Tithing should be a willing, joyful offering to God; the amount should be whatever you decide, based on prayer and personal examination. Tithing should never feel like a burden, chore, or “spiritual tax.” At the same time, tithing should involve trust that God will provide for you even if it feels like you can’t afford to give a tithe. Again, the parable of the woman with the copper pennies who gave all she had is a good example; she gave willingly, and trusted that God would provide for her even if she didn’t know how. Tithing should also be honest. If you’re giving less than 10%, don’t try to make it seem like you’re not, or something similar. Remember the story in Acts of the couple who tried to make it seem like they were giving the entire profits of a sale when in reality they were only giving a portion. While it is acceptable to only give what you are capable or willing to, being deceitful about your tithing corrupts the entire purpose, and as an attempt to lie to God, is a sin.
That’s my understanding. Take it with a grain of salt, as I am not a pastor or DCE or any sort of spiritual authority, just the son of a pastor who’s picked up a bit of theology along the way. Also, you’ll find that personal views on non-salvific doctrine such as this will vary from person to person and church to church. I would suggest looking up passages that deal with offering and tithing, and praying about how to tithe in your personal situation.
Thank you for compiling this list on Lutheran Christology resources
An excellent compilation of resources. Thanks for all the work that you put into this blog! St. Paul Church
I come from a Presbyterian background, yet I’ve spent the past five years studying Eastern Orthodooxy. Some friends of mine have recommended Chemnitz to me and I’ve found much in Lutheran Orthodoxy that I really appreciate. There are also a few Lutheran churches nearby that I will check out.
Could you recommend any audio on these topics? I would greatly appreciate that.
Good Lutheran theology has such a good mooring to key truths of Scipture and hermanutics. Thank you for this post.
I have recently discovered the role of August Hermann Francke in the Lutheran religion. I understand that
he was a professor at the Martin Luther University in Halle, Germany and that he was dismissed from the
university for his biblical revitalism, social activism and in particular his founding of Pietist groups at the
university. Therefore what I have to offer may not be of much interest to your organization. I have a
“Stammbuch”, or remberance book which my step-father found in the ruins of Aachen during World War II. The book contains many verses on love and life and several signed remberances dating from 1712 to
1846. One of the entries is written and signed by August Francke. Would THE LUTHERAN JOURNAL
be interested in seeing a copy of this writing and do you know of anyone else whould want to inspect the
book also. I can be reached at bidi01@verison,net, at 717-545-8078 od 717-919-7680. I will be looking forward to your reply.
Księzę Doktorze Piotrze- Polscy konserwatywni Staroluteranie , potrzebują przewodnika- duszpasterza na miare ksiedza doktora. Polski KEA się skonczył. Tu już odnowa nic nie da. WPOlsce niestety potrzebny jest kosciół misyjny z zagranicy. Bo Polacy nic nie potrafia sami zrobic , tylko spieprzyc. Ale Polskę zarówno Missourii jaki i WELS, omijaja niczym przysłowiową trędowata. I gdzie tu mowimy o bratestwie luteranskim ? Niech sie cały swiat dowie jak są przysłowiowo olewani Staroluteranie w Polsce !!
Have not seen any thing compiled on
doctrine of sin , Holy Spirit, and study on sovreignty of God and much more , which I personally think would be a great thing to do on this great site.
Concern Lutheran Morobe PNG.
Very good post. I am going through some of these issues as well..
This is a query letter for an original article on the status and entitlements of clergy, and the responsibilities and duties of pastors and synod presidents that make these rights necessary. In its present draft, the article runs to 5,685 words without endnotes, or 6,600 words with endnotes.
The duties the laity owe their clergy include honor, respect, reverence, secure financial income, submission, and obedience. Layfolk must render these so that the clergy will be sufficiently above the common fray to carry out their reciprocal duties: settle disagreements, teach the fullness of the Christian faith, provide stable and well-informed leadership and government for the church, make their decisions and counsel accepted, and handle difficult interpersonal situations. The article gives much space to the teaching function of clergy.
As is standard for my writings, the sources are all Christian writings before AD 250. The value for such antiquity of material is that it shows that the laity’s duties are not particularly “Roman” or a corruption of original pristine Christianity imposed in the Middle Ages or later times in contravention of some hypothetical thoroughgoing democracy and equality in the primitive church. The article demonstrates that laypeople had such duties and clergy possessed such status and entitlements from the very beginning of the Church as Christ founded it.
The article is appropriate for Lutheran Theology: An Online Journal because it provides reasons and authorities why pastors and synod presidents should be listened to when they speak and write on points of ethics, and why the decision and judgment of clergy on a particular issue is not merely one opinion among a multitude of equally-acceptable positions.
I am a member of the oldest Lutheran congregation in Canada. Articles of mine have been published in Lutheran periodicals in Canada, New Zealand, and the United States.
Would you like me to submit a full manuscript?
Warm Christian regards,
(Dr.) David W. T. Brattston
Telephone: (902) 634-8473
Post Office Box 1599
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada, B0J 2C0
belle delphine nude
maitland ward nude
gal gadot sex
gabbie hanna nude
jennette mccurdy nudes
Два часа назад изучал содержимое сети, неожиданно к своему удивлению увидел восхитительный веб-сайт. Я про него: маски медицинские купить в интернет магазине . Для нас данный сайт произвел незабываемое впечатление. Успехов всем!
plaidoyer pour l’herboristerie
david le breton tenir
mazie sainte patronne des fauches et des assoiffes
cecile huguenin biographie
sumalatha sex videos
eli hot xxx
xxx related video
mia sexy hot
bingi xxx vido
disi xxx video
sexy movie xx
xxx 12 beys
frust time porn
xxx black in
bra panty sex
thailand xx video
http://www.vasiya sax hot
porn xxxx mp4
berglund xxx videos
sexy massage jungle
xxxhindi video songs
press porn mms.com
xxnx kampoj videos
tawanan perang porno
Целый вечер мониторил контент инета, случайно к своему восторгу обнаружил прекрасный ресурс. Вот смотрите: этому . Для моих близких вышеуказанный вебсайт показался очень важным. Всех благ!
Три дня назад мониторил содержимое сети, и неожиданно к своему удивлению открыл нужный сайт. Посмотрите: такими . Для меня этот веб-сайт оказал яркое впечатление. Всего наилучшего!
Весь день серфил содержание сети, неожиданно к своему восторгу обнаружил крутой ресурс. Вот смотрите: здесь инфа . Для нас этот веб-сайт произвел радостное впечатление. До свидания!
Сегодня вечером исследовал содержание инета, и вдруг к своему восторгу увидел красивый сайт. Вот смотрите: этими . Для нас вышеуказанный сайт явился весьма неплохим. Всего наилучшего!
Несколько дней назад мониторил контент интернет, случайно к своему удивлению заметил важный веб-сайт. Посмотрите: здесь инфа . Для меня вышеуказанный ресурс явился весьма оригинальным. До свидания!
Минут пять смотрел материалы интернет, и вдруг к своему восторгу обнаружил замечательный вебсайт. Гляньте: топ казино 2020 . Для меня этот вебсайт произвел хорошее впечатление. Всего хорошего!